Chimney Cleaning Considerations
- - The route of the chimney. A straighter chimney will serve you better
- - The difference in air pressure between the actual fire and the top of the chimney.
- - The quality of insulation along the length of the chimney.
- - The size of the flue as compared to the actual fireplace.
- - Access for chimney inspection and cleaning.
What about birds and animals in my chimney?
Chimney Cleaning Pros in District of Columbia Chimney Cleaning service will also save the critter. A chimney doesn't always become clogged as a result of soot or ash build-up, it sometimes happens that an bird or animal choose to make a home in what looks to be a peaceful remote spot. When a fire is made the unaware animal succumbs to the carbon monoxide that is created by the fire and creates an obstruction, leading to you needing to have the chimney cleaned sooner than anticipated.
Fortunately not all animals and birds make homes in chimneys suffer the same fate, sometimes they will be detected by the home owner well in advance of fire-making season and this is when the chimney sweep gets to play a large role in the preservation of a life. Birds are usually coaxed out of the chimney without too much hassle at which stage they go away and make a nest somewhere else; often the home-owner or the Chimney Cleaning service will need to aid in relocating the creature.
Best advice from us here at Chimney Cleaning Pros in District of Columbia, would be once a year at minimum again depending on usage, when it comes to having your chimney cleaned call 800-870-1242